Q. What should I expect during my first visit?
During the first visit, the dermatologist will listen to the problem. He/she may then ask about the following:
- – previous medical problems
- – previous surgeries
- – intake of medications
- – allergies to medications
Finally, the dermatologist will ask to examine the problem area or may wish to examine the whole skin surface depending on the problem you are presenting with.
Q. What does a Dermatologist treat?
The dermatologist diagnoses and treats diseases of the skin, hair, nails and mucosal membranes.
Q. What kind of training do Dermatologists go through?
To become a dermatologist the following have to be completed in the sequence mentioned below:
- – High school diploma or Baccalaureate.
- – Medical doctor degree (7 years of university).
- – One year of training in Medicine or surgery.
- – Three years of training in Dermatology.